Twitter is a big player in your social media game. After all, Twitter has an estimated 974 MILLION accounts. Yes, we said 974 million. With that many people using Twitter, I’m sure you can see why it’s important for you to have an account set up for your business.
Here are some tips to help you get the most out of your Twitter business account:
- Name your account something as close to the name of your business as possible. Try to not make it too complicated or a Twitter handle with many numbers after your name. You want it something easy for people to remember.
- 140 characters is the key to Twitter. That rule applies even to your bio. Keep it eye-catching and aimed at your target audience.
- Choose a great, visually pleasing profile picture.
- Keep an ear out to what your audience is saying. Hear what they are saying first and then respond. You don’t want to come off as defensive or dismissive.
- Hashtags are your friend. Use 1-2 per tweet and it will help link your tweets and make them easy to find for people who are doing searches on related topics. If you use them creatively, people will find them funny and might start using the same hashtag on their tweets.
- Feel free to share other people’s updates. This takes the focus off of your company for a moment and shows that it’s not all about you all the time. Make sure to give credit when sharing someone’s content.
- When sharing a link in a tweet, be sure to use a link shortener (such as bit.ly) first. This will help you make the most out of your 140 character limit.
- People respond best to videos, photos, and links so try to focus on those areas versus articles.
- If someone follows you, it is advised that you follow them back. It’s the polite thing to do in the world of Twitter.
Want to learn more about expanding your brand online? and let me explain how my proven, step-by-step system has helped businesses, much like your own, grow exponentially. I look forward to hearing from you!