We all want have healthy skin so we look our best and the key to getting glowing, radiant, healthy skin just may start by what you put into your mouth. Dr. David Bank, a dermatologist in New York, said, “Increasingly, studies are finding links between certain nutrients and wrinkle reduction, radiance, and acne prevention.” Here are the top 10 foods that are the best-of-the-best in nourishing your skin from the inside out.
- Greek Yogurt – Greek yogurt has almost double to protein of regular yogurt and protein from dairy helps your skin become firmer, thus making it more resistant to lines.
- Pomegranates – packed with polyphenol antioxidants, pomegranates fight free radicals and regulate skin’s blood flow, giving it rosiness. When applied to skin, the antioxidants will help smooth lines and moisturize.
- Walnuts – improve skin’s elasticity with the Omega-3’s found in these nuts. Walnuts also are packed with copper, which boost the production of collagen.
- Peppers – women who eat green and yellow vegetables, such as bell peppers, tend to have fewer wrinkles.
- Sunflower Seeds – loaded with vitamin E, sunflower seeds will help protect your skin’s top layers against the sun.
- Kidney Beans – studies have shown a correlation between low zinc levels and acne. Kidney beans are high in zinc and will help keep your skin clear.
- Soy – consuming one cup per day of soy may give you a clearer complexion. The minerals and proteins found in soy have been shown to reduce hyperpigmentation.
- Steel Cut Oatmeal – this oatmeal takes longer to break down in your body, which keeps your blood sugar at a stable level. It’s important because high blood sugar causes your body’s level of androgens to rise, hormones that can cause wrinkles.
- Green Tea – not only does green tea fight inflammation, but it is very high in antioxidants, which reduce redness.
- Dark Chocolate – containing high levels of flavonols, dark chocolate will improve luminosity. Dark chocolate should be at least 70% cacao because it contains the most flavonol.
Is there any food you swear by for great looking skin? Let us know! Leave us a message on our Facebook page. We’d love to hear from you!