You’ve heard that you should be cleaning your makeup brushes on the regular, but who has time for that? Well, after hearing the ugly truth of what happens when you use dirty makeup brushes, you might start setting aside the ten minutes it takes to clean them.
Here’s the down and dirty:
- You could get staph infection.
- Your pores get clogged.
- You could get pink eye.
- You can pull your eyelashes out.
- You could be causing yourself to get more wrinkles.
The lesser problems are that you are wasting your money and your makeup doesn’t look as good. Makeup brushes are not cheap so when you invest in some good ones, why not take care of them? Also, when makeup brushes are caked with old makeup that has built up over time, your makeup doesn’t go on as smoothly, leaving you with an unpolished look. No one wants that.
Cleaning your brushes is super easy. Here’s how to do it:
- Run your brush under water, bristles pointing downward, until it’s thoroughly wet. Take care not to get the handle wet because over time, this loosens the glue that holds the bristles in place.
- Apply a gentle soap to your brush by putting the soap in the palm of your hand and swiping the bristles back and forth until the brush is coated with the soap.
- Rinse thoroughly under warm water. Again, like in step 1, be sure to point the bristles downward and try to not get water on the handle.
- Gently squeeze the bristles to get excess water out.
- Lay brushes flat on a towel to dry overnight.
It’s that simple! Do this every other week to keep brushes clean and in tip top shape.
Like this article? Like our Facebook page too for more great tips like this.