The Top Foods for Fantastic Locks
Believe it or not, luxurious, healthy hair all starts with what you put in your mouth. That’s right! What you eat definitely impacts the health and look of your hair. Here are the top foods to eat to keep your hair looking its best:
- Greens. Dark green vegetables such as spinach, kale, broccoli, and salad greens are loaded with calcium, iron, and vitamins A and C. These are responsible for your sebum production. Sebum is what keeps your hair and skin moisturized.
- Protein. Your hair is mostly made up of protein so it makes sense that feeding your body with lean, healthy protein will yield good results. Fish, chicken, turkey, and eggs are all wonderful sources of lean protein.
- Legumes. The nutrients (protein, iron, and zinc) found in beans will provide you with optimal conditions for hair growth and health. Legumes are also a great source of biotin, which is great because if you have a biotin deficiency, you may suffer from brittle hair.
- Dairy. Dairy products like milk, cheese, and yogurt that are low-fat are packed with calcium. Calcium is a mineral that is very essential for great hair growth.
- Omega-3 Fatty Acids. Fish provide an excellent level of Omega-3s. Omega-3s are critical in order to have a healthy scalp, and a healthy scalp can equal healthy hair. Not into fish? No problem! Consuming flaxseed, canola oil, walnuts, and pumpkin seeds are also great sources of Omega-3s.
- Nuts. Nuts have been considered nature’s super snack but did you also know they are great for the health of your hair? Certain nuts, such as Brazil nuts, contain the nutrient selenium which is needed for a healthy scalp. Many other nuts are loaded with zinc. Zinc is crucial because if you are deficient in it, you may notice increased hair loss, and no one wants that!
What superfoods do you pack into your day that leaves your hair looking its best? Share your tips with us on our Facebook page! We love hearing from you!