Revitalize Your Hair with Simple Home Remedies
If you are like most of us, this time of the year means one thing – your hair is suffering from winter time blues! The harsh winter elements along with the dry heat from the furnace can leave your hair dry, damaged, and breaking. It’s time to bring back the life to your hair and give those locks a lift! What better way than with some simple, easy to use home remedies that utilize stuff you most likely already have in your kitchen!
Your morning breakfast staple can also do wonders on all hair types. The yolk of an egg is packed with protein and fats that will enhance hair growth and leave your hair silky smooth. If you have normal hair, use an entire egg to condition your hair. For those who have oily hair, use the egg white only and if you suffer from dry, brittle hair, using only the yolk will yield the best results.
To make the egg wash:
- Whisk 1 whole egg (or white/yolk only) with 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Wash your hair with moisturizing shampoo, such as our Silky Cleanse, then rinse and lightly towel dry.
- Next, work the egg wash thoroughly into the hair. Place a shower cap over your hair and let it sit for 10-20 minutes.
- Rinse the hair thoroughly and finish with a conditioner. We recommend our Silky Conditioner for superior moisture and shine.
Believe it or not, your afternoon snack has been used as a hair care ingredient since ancient times. Yogurt has high levels of lactic acid and multi-vitamins, both which are great for treating dry, damaged hair. There are many ways to use yogurt as a hair treatment.
To treat dandruff:
- Stir up one cup of yogurt, making sure to smooth out any lumps.
- Apply to your scalp; leave it on for 40 minutes and rinse.
To tame frizzy hair:
- Combine 3 spoons of yogurt, 4 spoons of aloe vera gel, and 2 spoons of coconut oil.
- Apply to the hair and let sit for 30 minutes. Wash with warm water and shampoo.
To add shine and luster:
- Mix ½ cup yogurt, 2 beaten eggs, and 2 spoons of almond oil.
- Apply this mixture to your scalp and cover with a shower cap for 30 minutes. Rinse and wash with shampoo.
The yeast in beer will help plump up your hair, just make sure the beer is flat before trying this home remedy! First, pour a glass of beer into a cup and let it sit until it turns flat. Then, mix together beer, 1 tablespoon olive oil, and 1 raw egg. Put the concoction on clean, damp hair. After 15 minutes, rinse your hair with cool water and be amazed at the results!
This creamy, smooth fruit helps to reduce frizz and create a smooth look. Simply mash up the avocado and massage it by itself into your clean, damp hair. For extra moisturizing power, add 1 raw egg and blend it well with the avocado before applying to the hair. Leave on for 15 minutes before rinsing and enjoy your sleek new look!
What home remedies are you using? Please visit our Facebook page and let us know! We love reading your comments!