- Update your cover photo. Your profile picture should be a photo of your logo but your cover photo can be anything you want it to be. This is the first, and largest, photo your visitors will see so make it a good one! Make sure it looks fantastic on the desktop version and mobile version of Facebook. Keep the picture visually appealing and catching to the eye. Make sure it speaks to your brand and your offerings.
- Update your “About” section.It’s a great idea to periodically skim your “About” section on your Facebook page to make sure the information is still relevant. Have your hours recently changed? Have you recently relocated? Have you changed your phone number or email address? This is the place to make sure all of that information is posted and correct.
Add a CTA. One of the main reasons business owners create a Facebook page is to connect with their target audience and hopefully convert them into customers. They also want to keep their existing customers returning. One of the ways you can do that is by adding a CTA button, otherwise known as a “Call to Action” button. You can choose from a long list of things that you want your followers to do. It’s a fantastic way to convert your visitors. They can click on the button to:
- Make an appointment
- Shop with you
- Watch a video about your business
- Contact you in various ways (message, call now, send email, etc.)
- Update your pinned post. Your pinned post will be seen first when someone visits your page because it stays at the top. Is yours up-to-date or is it an outdate promotion or video that you forgot to update? It’s an easy part of your page to overlook so make a note to check on it from time-to-time.
- Try to get people to leave a review. You know your service rocks but you need to let others know it, too! If you have clients that are super happy with their service, give them a business card with your Facebook page on it and ask them to leave you a glowing review. People will likely read these reviews and put a lot of weight into what others have to say so keep up the good work and excellent customer service and encourage patrons to leave you 4’s and 5’s!
- Post exciting content. We all wish we could post awesome, enticing, exciting content on our business pages 10 times per day and have great engagement on every post, but it’s not totally realistic. Instead of worrying so much about how frequent you post, post less frequently but post interesting, engaging content that will entertain and/or educate your reader. Combine these posts with amazing, eye-catching photos and you’ve got yourself a winner!
Freshening up your Facebook page doesn’t have to be stressful or take up a lot of your valuable time. Focus on updating one thing per day over the course of a week and your page will be in outstanding shape in a jiffy. Have you updated your Facebook page in a certain way that really drove up the traffic and engagement? Leave us a comment below and share your tips with us!