Your business is as strong as the clients that are retained. It’s cheaper to retain a client than to acquire a new one and one major way to keep a client coming back is to pre-book their appointments. It also gives you a bit of peace of mind knowing that your books are filling up with your regular clients in the weeks and months ahead. If you struggle with pre-booking your clients, take note of these simple tips below and put them into practice. We think you’ll love the results!
- Start pre-booking your clients today! There’s no time like the present so make it a goal that today is the day you will start to pre-book.
- As you are styling your clients hair or finishing their manicure, let them know what the optimal timeframe is for them to come back for fill-ins, cuts, and colors.
- Build trust with your client by offering them tips and styling tricks to keep their hair looking its best between each appointment.
- Train your staff how to pre-book. As you walk your client up to the receptionist to check out, speak up and say to the receptionist that your client would like to come back for X service in X number of weeks. With the proper training, they will then know to say, “Great, so that puts you returning on (insert date of next service). Would you like to book an appointment in the morning, afternoon, or evening?” Having a seamless transition between you and the receptionist, and by posing a direct question to the client, they are more apt to schedule the next appointment.
- Let the client know that they can always cancel or reschedule the appointment, should they need to. It’s not always reasonable to know what your day will look like 6 weeks in advance so letting the client know that they have the option to rearrange their appointment will make them feel at ease with booking it.
- After making the appointment, offer a reminder card and let them know that you will call them to remind them of the appointment 1-2 days prior to the appointment.
- Make sure you pre-book with everyone. Once you see that it works, you’ll love it! You’ll have fewer openings to fill, the worry about acquiring new clients won’t be as great, and you should see a boost in your income since you have more high cost services being done.
Want some additional help taking your business to the next level? We’re here for you; after all, it’s what we do! Reach out to us here and we’ll be in touch!