AVOCADO HAIR MASK
1 large, ripe avocado
1-2 tablespoons water
2-3 tablespoons olive oil
DIRECTIONS FOR MAKING MASK:
- Cut open the avocado and remove the pit. Remove the flesh of the avocado and place it into a blender. Blend for one minute.
- To blender, add water, 1 tablespoon at a time until a smooth, creamy consistency is achieved.
- Remove mixture from the blender and place in a small mixing bowl.
- Add the olive oil.*
- Stir until well blended.
*Side note: If you have very thick or long hair, you may want to add more olive oil to your mixture or make a double batch of the hair mask.
- Get hair thoroughly wet.
- Apply mask to hair, focusing on the roots then working through the shaft of the hair. This works best when you break your hair into sections.
- After mask is applied to all hair, put hair up and under a shower cap.
- Using a hair dryer, add heat to your hair for 10-15 minutes.
- Rinse hair in sink. May take several rinses to ensure all mask has been removed.
How do you fix your damaged winter hair? Leave us a comment and let us know!