Mmmmmm, we love our coffee! After all, it tastes delicious and gives us the much needed energy boost we need in the morning. It can also be a favorite thing to use in your beauty regimen when combined with cocoa. They work together to decrease puffiness in your face, brighten your skin, and the caffeine will wake up a dull complexion.
To make this coffee and cocoa beauty mask, all you will need are things already found in your kitchen! The best part is, you can tweek the recipe based on your skin type and needs to get the optimal benefit.
- 4 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 Tbsp. finely ground espresso or coffee beans
- 8 Tbsp. dairy product. Choose whole milk, heavy cream, unflavored yogurt, almond milk or coconut milk. If you like a thicker paste, use less dairy. Some substitutions to try: Replace the dairy with an egg if you are an egg mask lover, or if you have dehydrated skin, try substituting olive oil, extra virgin coconut oil, or sweet almond oil. Make sure to halve the amount if you are using oil or it will be too runny.
- 2 Tbsp. honey (if you have dry skin) or lemon juice (if you have oily skin)
- If you have whole coffee beans, finely grind beans using a grinder. You want to make sure thye are finely ground so the beans won’t scratch your face.
- In a bowl, mix coffee and cocoa powder.
- Add the dairy product and stir until a smooth paste forms. If you like a thicker paste, you can use less dairy.
- If using honey, heat it a little bit in the microwave and then stir it in. When the honey is heated, it mixes in better.
- Apply the mask to your clean face and neck, if desired. Let it dry.
- Press a warm washcloth to your face to loosen the mask, then rinse with warm water.
The leftover paste can be stored in the fridge for several days.
Looking for more great tips and beauty advice? Like our Facebook page and you’ll always stay in-the-know!