Do you ever get the feeling that your hair is clogged with products? We all tend to use multiple products on our hair each and every day which can build up after some time, even with frequent shampooing. Why not incorporate a DIY hair mask that will rid your hair of any built up products, rejuvenate the scalp, add moisture and help improve the health of your hair?
Here is one of our favorites that you can make at home today!
CHARCOAL DETOX MASK
Charcoal is a commonly known detoxing agent due to its wonderful particle absorption properties. Every once in a while, our hair and scalp need to rid themselves of product buildup and other things clogging them up, like dead skin cells. A good detox is an awesome thing to incorporate into your hair care routine to keep your hair and scalp healthy.
TO MAKE THIS MASK, YOU WILL NEED:
- 3 tbsp Activated charcoal
- 2 tbsp Aloe vera gel
- 1 tbsp Rose water
- In a bowl, add activated charcoal powder and rose water; mix well.
- Add in aloe vera gel; mix until incorporated.
- Dampen hair and apply mask.
- Massage gently for 3-5 minutes. Allow mask to sit on hair for 10 minutes; use a gentle shampoo (such as our Silky Cleanse) to shampoo hair and wash out the mask.
- Repeat once per week if you have an oily scalp or once every two weeks for others.
*Should you be worried about using a detoxing mask, it’s always a good idea to try a small amount in an inconspicuous area of your head first.
Have you tried a detoxing mask? Let us know what you thought of it by leaving us a comment on our Facebook page. We’d love to hear from you!