Are You Making These 9 Eyebrow Mistakes?
They say the eyes are the window to the soul so it only makes sense to make sure they are framed properly and that means keeping up with your eyebrows! However, many men and women tend to overlook their eyebrows when they are grooming and that can be a big no-no. There are 9 mistakes that people commonly make when caring for their eyebrows. Do you need to plead guilty to any of these?
- Skipping a consult with a professional. Instead of trying to guess at what shape best suits your face and start plucking away, do yourself a favor and get to a professional. Let them do the initial shaping and plucking and then you just worry about maintaining it from that point on. You can use their initial shaping as a template to follow and simply pluck the stray hairs that return.
- You over pluck. Over plucking can actually lead to permanent eyebrow loss. Just don’t do it!
- Removing gray hairs. Remember, plucked hairs may not grow back so it’s best not to remove the gray hairs that you notice. Instead opt for brow markers to color sparse grays, a tinted brow gel for medium gray hair, and if you find you are mostly gray, you can certainly dye your eyebrows.
- Not filling in. If your eyebrows are very sparse or are so light that they blend with your complexion, use a pencil or powder to fill them in. Filling in your brows can instantly open up your eyes.
- Ignoring the area above the brow. Don’t ignore the area above the eyebrow because it has a lot to do with your overall look. You wouldn’t want a stray hair below the brow so why would you want one above it?
- Letting your brows go. Groomed eyebrows make your whole appearance look tidy and fresh so take the time to keep up with it!
- Not brushing your eyebrows. If you find your eyebrows get funky as the day goes on, take a moment and brush them into place. You can even gently spray them with hairspray; just don’t spray directly onto your eyes. Spray a brush first and then swipe it across your brow to keep hairs in place.
- Not using the right tools. Don’t use razors to trim your brows. They leave annoying stubble. Instead, use tweezers. wax, or even have your eyebrows threaded for the best look.
- Using cheap tweezers. There are a lot of things you can get from a drugstore or big box store, but trust us and invest in some good tweezers! Don’t cheap out on this tool because it’s critical in getting a desirable look when shaping your brows.
Like these tips and are looking for more? Head on over to our Facebook page and see what other great tips we have to offer!