Ever see a woman who seems to have great hair every single day? Yes, us too! There are a few things these women all seem to have in common that keeps their hair looking amazing. Here are the top 10 things women with fabulous hair seem to do on the regular:
- Pamper with a great cut. A great cut comes from a great stylist so that may mean you have to pay a little more to find a stylist that will give you give you the look you desire.
- Skip a day or two between washes. Washing your hair daily can strip your hair of its natural oils, leaving hair dry and brittle. Try skipping a day or two between washes to keep your hair full of moisture.
- Pay attention to the scalp. A healthy scalp leads to healthy, shiny hair so take care of it. Try using a shampoo, such as our Silky Cleanse, that will actually balance the pH of your scalp and get you on track for growing strong, healthy hair.
- And don’t forget about the ends. Just as you pay special attention to your scalp, you should be paying extra attention to the ends. Use a moisturizing conditioner on the ends to keep them from breaking.
- Use steam to your benefit. Instead of rinsing out your conditioner or hair mask immediately, leave it in while you are in the shower and let the steam from the shower give you a good, deep condition.
- Let hair air dry. When possible, let your hair air dry instead of using the harsh heat from a hair dryer. When you see hair with lots of damage, they are probably washing and drying far too frequently.
- Detangle. Make sure to comb through your conditioner in the shower to thoroughly moisturize every strand of hair. Then, make sure you detangle again once out of the shower. Always work from ends to roots to avoid damaging delicate strands.
- Nourish from the inside out. Good fats, fish, and veggies are essential for healthy hair, as is a lot of water! If you are worried that you aren’t getting enough, ask your doctor about adding an omega supplement and a multi-vitamin.
- Go silk. Silk pillowcases and hair wraps will not only keep the moisture in your hair, but it also prevents the damaging friction that other linens can cause. That friction can lead to frizz and breakage, so try swapping out your cotton linens for some made from silk.
Do you have any other tips that keep your hair looking amazing? Share them with us on our Facebook page! We’d love to hear from you!